About the Middle School
9:05am - 3:52pm
The building opens at 8:50am
Main Office Phone: 952-928-6300
Attendance Line: (952) 928-7210
SOMALI: Dooro luqadda aad door bidayso dhanka midig ee sare ee bogga shabakadda.
“I believe in forming strong relationships based on mutual respect and understanding and I value diverse perspectives. I also believe in high expectations and firm learning goals for all students and in flexible learning pathways based on students’ strengths, interests, and experiences.” - Ms. Melissa Kalinowski.
- Academic Integrity
- Appropriate Dress
- Appropriate Language
- Bullying / Cyberbullying
- Cafeteria Expectations and Food Deliveries
- District Issued Technology
- Fighting & Inappropriate Physical Contact
- Good Neighbor Expectations
- Illegal Substance Possession / Use
- Sexual Harassment
- School Bus Safety
- Telephone / Messages
- Personal Electronic & Cell Phone Policy
Extracurricular Activities and Athletics
Here are activities/Clubs St. Louis Park Middle School has hosted:
- Art Club
- Clay Target League
- Prism (Gender Sexuality Alliance)
- Quiz Bowl
- Jazz Band
- Gaming Club
- Spelling Bee
- Synchronized Swimming Team
- Select Choir
- Math Team
Additional Clubs and Activities can be found through Community Education’s Youth Enrichment Programs.
The Oriole Times is an electronic newsletter sent out on Thursdays to communicate to parents/guardians information regarding schedules, events and news. This newsletter is emailed to the email address provided to the school district.
Parents/Guardians are welcome and encouraged to visit and/or volunteer at St. Louis Park Middle School. A visitor’s pass will be issued upon check-in at the office. Please note the following procedures used to make sure the school provides a safe environment.
- Any visitor wanting to meet with a teacher is required to make arrangements in advance to not disrupt the learning environment.
- Visitors to the building may be required to have an escort during the duration of their visit.
- In an effort to ensure the safety of the school, any visitor may be asked to leave school grounds at any time and , if necessary, police may be called for assistance.
- Visitors are prohibited from meeting with their students in the building without checking in at the main office, even to drop off an item to the student.
- Visitors will not be permitted to meet with any students in which they do not have legal guardianship.
- Visitors must adhere to school rules and policy.
Please note: During times of conflict, the school will not act as a mediator between families, but will work with the families to connect off campus as long as both parties agree (i.e. exchanging of contact information).
The mission of the Middle School Site Council is to serve the school community, advise the administration, and support student enrichment through fundraising, volunteer recruitment, event planning, and community engagement. Through the generosity of this incredible community, the actions and commitment of the Site Council members and the support of the entire school staff and administrators, we saw this mission statement come to life.
Site Council meets virtually Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm . The dates for the 2023-2024 School Year are September 13, October 11, November 15, January 10, February 21, April 17 and May 15. If you are interested in joining Site Council, please contact Site Council President Keith Richardson at email@example.com.
St. Louis Park Middle School welcomes and encourages families and community members to partner and volunteer in our school. For more information, call the main office at 952.928.6100.